mom's equipped

Thursday, April 02, 2009

I just love that $10 off $50 coupon!

So, if you haven't already clipped the Safeway $10 off $50 coupon that came in Tuesday's paper, find one! They are also in the Emerald Valley Shopper insert for FREE. Those can be found in front of Lak Yan on West 11th and also in front of the Thurston Bi-Mart. I know that they are probably in other locations too, but those are the two I am aware of. Anyway, that coupon is worth 20% off your groceries!

For me, that means I can shop at my CLEAN, WELL ORGANIZED Gourmet Safeway and not feel a bit guilty because when I stick to mainly their sales, plus an additional 20% off, I am doing as well as I would at any other store, even WINCO. (I even get help out to my car:)) That is worth something!!!

So, on to my shopping: I spent $40.17 and saved $67.03!!!! So exciting. How?
well, I bought their "Lost Leaders" like
.99 butter
Life cereal for .99/box
Turkey breast boneless for $5 (this will be lunch meat all week after I roast it tomorrow....sounds scary but really is very easy)
Milk ($2/gallon if you buy 2....I can use 4)
Produce ( I love Safeway produce) like:
oranges .59/#
Apples 6# for $3.99
Lettuce
Broccoli

I took advantage of their great deal on Tostitos and Pepsi. Not something that I would regularly buy but had some great coupons and the soda will last until this summer when we have some fun picnics. I got 2 bottle packs and 3 Tostitos for $3.50!!

I always check out the reduced meat section and also their marked down yogurts because we eat that stuff so fast, I need not worry about expiration.

I also purchased some other items that I needed on my grocery list to avoid a trip to another store and still I felt I saved a ton.

I am telling you all this to encourage you to try to make this coupon work for you. If it is hard for you to do mental math to get to $50, take along a calculator. When I was checking out, I was cheered by my checker and the lady behind me. I invited them both to my coupon class on May 13th at Faith Center. Can't help but get excited :)


Happy Saving and enjoy the GUILT FREE trip to Safeway this week!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Tiffany, Beth here, from Thursday prayer. I haven't gone to Safeway yet, but will try now, since you were able to find $50 worth of stuff that actually benefits you. But I was at Albertons today to use my $3 from buying cereal and I had another coupon for the creamer I like. I bought some produce, grapes were .99 a lb, 2 gal milk, creamer with a $1 coupon, cookies, chips and hand wipes for a total after coupons of just over $13 and my checker was really impressed. So you comment on how impressed your checker was made me want to share. Thanks for your time and tips!

    By Blogger Beth, at April 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Counter
Free Counter